Thursday, January 26, 2017

Jeez

I just learned that a previous work colleague has cancer.  Damned, I am tired of cancer.  Our previous Vice President started a campaign to eradicate this disease but it may not help my colleague.  I believe, like many, that cancer is big business thus coming up with viable treatments more difficult.  I hope and pray my colleague gets better and lives on with his beautiful wife.  They were looking forward to retirement in the very near future.  I woke up with the start of a cold this morning and I feel lucky.

Dr. Brown's draft style root beer crossed my lips and I have to say it wasn't that good.  Bottled by J R Bottling in New York.  Found in Jewish stores it is very popular in New York.  I just didn't find it to be as good as many of the others we have had.  It wasn't as bad as the one that tasted like dirt but not too far ahead of it.

Flashback is really an Olde Time Soda.  Developed in Seaside, Oregon by Robert and Boni Clark who own the Flashback Malt Shop.  I had forgotten that we visited the Malt Shop back in September of 2014.  Nice people and a great selection of old-time sodas.  Anyway, the Root Beer is great.
Mom's Root Beer maintains that it is "the better half".  I am pretty sure that reference has to do with the mass produced Dad's Root Beer as the label seems to indicate as well.  While there isn't a lot of difference between the two, Mom's has the feel of a more premium root beer and it does have a nice body and after taste.

Hope all is well with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment