Friday, May 12, 2017

Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mother's Day

KFC (the chicken people) have released a romance novella for Mother’s Day, “Tender Wings of Desire.”  Nothing says Mother’s Day, like a “$20 Fill-Up” meal and a steamy romance book.  “The only thing better than being swept away by the deliciousness of our Extra Crispy Chicken is being swept away by Harland Sanders himself.”


Apparently, Mother’s Day is the single biggest sales day in the world of Kentucky Fried Chicken. More KFC will be sold this coming Sunday than any other day of the year.  George Felix, director of advertising for KFC U.S., said in a statement.  “So this Mother’s Day, the bucket of chicken I get for my wife will come with a side of a steamy romance novel.

Said to be 96 pages it appears to follow a young Madeline who runs away without leaving a goodbye note for her mother.  She finds herself working in a tavern in a harbor town and falls in love with Harland, a customer who is “tall, dressed like a sailor with a striped linen shirt and a woolen pea coat crusted with sea salt.”


I could go on, but I feel some nausea coming on so I’d better stop here.  Needless the say, the Colonel is getting his money’s worth because the advertising campaign is working and here I am discussing it on my blog.  I love the fried chicken idea for the wife’s Mother’s Day celebration.  Just not sure I can celebrate the steamy novel that apparently comes with dinner.

That's my day, how is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment