Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mother's Day

My mom passed away 35 years ago just after Mother's Day on May 12, 1982.  Mom was a tough nut but I don't think I would be the person I am today, if not for her.  She put herself in her cooking, baking and family.  Like most parents with the missing owners manual, she did the best that she could in spite of many physical and emotional roadblocks.  I miss her and often wish she was still here for consul.

Mom didn't like to have her picture taken.  In fact, she would do just about anything to keep me from getting her picture.  After repeated tries I gave up and didn't try anymore.  I wish I had because I have very few pictures of her and the most that I have are before I was around or she was married.  She was a very nice looking young lady in her day.


We won't be around a computer tomorrow or Sunday, so I wanted to make sure I included my mom before I leave for the country.

To all the mom's that have gone on ahead of us and those who are still with us, a very, very Happy Mother's Day.  And to my loving wife and mother of our children,


Hope all is well and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment